If you think that you can just switch on your air conditioner and start cooling your home as the temperatures heat up this spring you’re in for an unpleasant surprise. Sure, you might be able to cool off your home without a hitch for a while but neglecting your air conditioner like this puts you at risk of a system break down. You need to tune up your air conditioner in preparation for spring weather.
If you need air conditioning service in Homer Glen, IL then make sure you contact our team. We understand what it takes to fine tune your air conditioner and we can perform the service you need quickly and for a fair price. If you’re ready to get your AC prepped for spring make the smart choice and call our team.
Spring Preparation Check List
Wondering how to prepare your air conditioner for spring weather? Here are a few great tips.
- Replace Your AC Filter: How often do you replace your air conditioner’s filter? If you want a healthy, high performing air conditioning system then you should replace your filter about once a season. Your air conditioner’s filter is responsible for keeping your unit free of any debris or contaminants that can disrupt the function of your air conditioner. Normally, we suggest that you have a professional service your HVAC system always but replacing your filter is a simple step that you can do all on your own.
- Upgrade Your Thermostat: If you aren’t already enjoying the technology of a smart thermostat then now is the time to make the switch. Smart thermostats are so great because they work for you. They learn your schedule and work around it, highlight opportunities for you to save on energy, and help boost your home comfort. Another huge perk of smart thermostats is their remote Wi-Fi capabilities. You’ll never have to come home to a hot house again when you upgrade your thermostat.
- Clean Your Outdoor Unit: Sometimes your outdoor unit gets caked up with debris throughout fall and winter. Your air conditioner works by absorbing indoor air and pushing it outside. If your outdoor unit is blocked then that means the heat can’t get outside easily. It makes your system work harder. This decreases your air conditioner’s lifespan and increases your heating bills. Pick out any debris you see (leaves, tree branches, brush, etc.) and then call a professional for a deep cleaning.
- Schedule Annual Maintenance: The right time to prepare your air conditioner for hot summer temperatures is in spring. If you want a team of technicians that you can rely on, make sure that you contact our Comfort First Heating and Cooling, Inc. team. We even have a maintenance plan that includes:
- Priority scheduling
- 15% off any repairs
- No overtime charges
- No service charges on repairs
- A lifetime warranty on all repairs
- A locked-in price for life on your maintenance plan
- $25 toward new equipment annually
Is your air conditioner ready for spring temperatures? If not, make sure you get your system ready with the help of our expert technicians. Contact our team at Comfort First Heating and Cooling Inc. today to schedule an appointment.