Please join Comfort First Heating and Cooling, Inc. in observing National Fire Prevention Week. This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, coined, “Learn the Sounds of Fire Safety,” focuses on educating people about the different sounds that smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
Prevent House Fires by Following These Furnace Safety Tips
- Have your furnace professionally maintained by skilled and experienced HVAC professionals.
- Do not keep any bulky or flammable materials within two feet surrounding your furnace system.
- Have a carbon monoxide alarm installed to alert you to potential leaks.
- Have your aging furnace (10-15 years) replaced before components start wearing down.
- Change the air filter every 1-3 months. A dirty air filter can lead to equipment overheating.